Saturday, March 8, 2008

#6 Learn By Teaching!

One of the best ways to become a better artist is to teach art. As I mentioned before, I considered myself to be strictly a still life painter (one of my earlier works). Having students who loved landscapes, seascapes, figurative and abstract art helped me grow to appreciate and fully embrace ALL of these genres. Money was never an object for me as a teacher. My goal was to take individuals who had never painted or perhaps even drawn before in their lives - and teach them how to do a painting similar to this one - in one classroom session. I will post the actual first painting I use in the classroom to start each student on their own individual journey as an artist soon. What I learned from each student’s growth and own interpretation - priceless!

1 comment:

WangFineArt said...

Hi Myra, I just discovered you new
blog and your new works! They are wonderful!! And it is really fun to read through your blog! Thanks! Love the warm color of this one! I can't waite to see more! Eugene